Hallstone Play Chips Bulk Bag
Price Includes VAT
General-use coverage: 1 bulk bag = approx. 10-12m² at a depth of 50mm.
Bulk Bag: approx. 600 litres
Hallstone eco-friendly, hardwood chips provide an excellent safety surface for play areas. They are light in colour so also make an attractive alternative to play bark, decorative bark mulch or aggregates to brighten an area. Many of our customers highly recommend using our wood chips on the floor of their chicken runs, pig pens, dog runs etc. to reduce muddy feet.
Hallstone Wood Chips are:
- Clean and untreated wood chippings with an attractive light brown colour and pleasant natural odour
- Certified to British Standards EN 1177:1998 Impact Absorbing Playground Surfacing & BS 7188-1998 Ease of Ignition Test
- Produced from a variety of hardwood species – wood content 95%+ (5-30mm) with fines content (below 8mm) of less than 5%
- A highly durable product free of pests and weed seeds
- Not treated with methyl bromide
Hallstone play chips are from an FSC Certified Sustainable source and are made from white wood with no additives, meaning there is no added coating which could stain clothes or affect animal wellbeing. They will gradually soften even more over time once exposed to the elements, but are long-lasting and economical as they don't break down as quickly as softwood or certain mulches. Due to the nature of the product and screening process, occasionally oversize pieces of wood may occur, these can easily be removed at the time of installation
Play chips provide free draining, therefore a cleaner play surface or animal enclosure flooring all year round. They are durable and free of pests, weeds and other foreign matter. Hardwood Chippings have also passed the BS 7188-1998 Ease of Ignition Test. There is a recommended coverage depth of no less than 150 - 300mm if used as a play surface